PSI is one of the most popular police posts in India. PSI stands for Police Sub Inspector and simply known as PSI. He/She is the station in-charge at a small police station in India. If he is working in another higher police station, then he/she will work under his seniors such as the Police Inspector (PI) or higher police officer.
PSI is one of the key posts for providing the justice and also keeps law & order in the area of the police station. So, If you are interested to become PSI or a police officer in India? Then read our best tips and guide on how to become PSI in India.
How to Become PSI Officer in India [Best Tips & Guide]
Eligibility/Criteria to Become PSI i.e. Police Officer in India
- Educational Qualification: He must be a graduate from any one of the recognized university establishments under the Indian laws. It is the minimum educational qualification to be qualified for the post of police officer or PSI in India.
- Physical Fitness: You must be physically fit in order to pass the physical test. You must run faster in the physical test to prove your fitness in front of your examiner. Your eyesight should be strong to prove yourself strong in the physical exam.
- Age limit: You should be minimum of 21 years old candidate. As per the Government rules and conditions, age relaxations will be given to the reserved category candidates in case of upper age limit require.
- Nationality: As per the Government rules, you must be a citizen of India. Other countries candidates are not allowed to participate in the exam.
Selection Procedure to Become PSI in Police Force.
- Ground Test/Physical Fitness Test: It is the most crucial and starting stage of your selection procedure. You must have to pass various ground level tests such as the running, long jump, short jump and others. You must have the minimum physical ability to enter in the physical test. If you can pass this stage, then you can go for the second step/stage to make your dream come true to become PSI in Indian Police Force.
- Written Test: The written test is generally conducted by the authority in various states. In common exam pattern, it consists of English, General Knowledge (GK), local language and others. It is totally dependent on the authority that how many marks will be given to the particular section of the written exam paper.
- Interview: After successfully passing the ground test and a written test, you will be called for the interview in front of the selection committee members. The selection committee members consist of higher authority persons such as the IPS Officers. They will conduct your interview to finalize the marks.
Read Also: How to Become IPS Officer
Please refer the advertisement, recruitment notification and official website of the recruitment body of the PSI officer for final information. We also recommend you to attend the career seminars to get the more information on the same.
We hope that the information and best tips on how to become a PSI Officer in India will be useful to all the candidates across the country such as Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Delhi, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Odisha (Orrissa) and others. So, best of luck for your future.
Read Also: How to Become Best Teacher in School
Article last re-published on February 29, 2016.